Choosing the right web hosting partner can be crucial to the success of your online business… but with so much choice in today’s Web Hosting market where do you start?
Right here, that’s where!To help you make sense of the web hosting conundrum we’ve put together the LetsHost web host selection guide.
- Choose a host in the country where your primary target market lives: this is important, because search engines deliver local search results to users based on the geographical location of the server on which the web pages reside (which they can infer from the server ip address)
- Make sure the host is reliable: do they offer guaranteed uptime / levels of service? Many hosts publish live server statistics that demonstrate the reliability of their services. You should expect a service level approaching 100% from a high quality hosting service.
- What sort of support do they offer: make sure the hosting you choose includes efficient and effective support 24/7. If your website goes down you need to be confident you can call on your host for assistance whatever time of the day or night.
- Backup and disaster recovery: if the worst happens and the server goes belly up, what sort of disaster recovery options does the host have in place? Ideally your host should take several daily snapshots of your entire account / server, allowing them to restore it and get your site back up and running as quickly as possible should the worst happen.
- What do others think: find out what other customers think. Read testimonials, and search for discussions on webmaster forums relating to the hosts your considering. Are other people’s experiences good or bad? Post a few questions.
- Shop around: hosting is an incredibly competitive industry, so shop around for the best deal – but bear in mind that the cheapest option isn’t always the best choice.
We believe that LetsHost offers the best balance of hosting features, reliability, support and value for money available in Ireland today. But don’t take our word for it… apply the checklist above and decide for yourself.